Sunday, April 8, 2012

Poem seven

oh yes you do
for Minnie & Seymour


if I can't speak of human love
without wincing
how will I begin to say about
my inhuman loves
what they do
how they love a human
without wince
surely their reason is above
my reason their love
conquers, enfeebling my love
their tempers for change
& unconcern humiliate
my grounding need
of affirming words, looks
I think fond words while mimicking
their little voices as if to say
you can hear my desperate
thoughts please say
that you can
my hole my kept
self mimics their self-kept
whole if I can't speak it
& they go on speaking it



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I posted this on the BAP blog because I love it. Hope that's OK. If not, let me know.

    Best,
    Jennifer L. Knox
    http://blog.bestamericanpoetry.com/the_best_american_poetry/2012/04/napowrimo-poems-day-22.html

    ReplyDelete